- Scenes in the film will show how firefighters live and work, and how strategies and tactics are employed to fight fires.
- Statistics and facts will be put on screen as subtitles without interfering with the flow of the film.
- Narration over the fire action scenes will provide pertinent educational information throughout the movie.
- Live radio traffic during action scenes will provide insights into how the firefighting plan comes together.
What you will learn from this movie
- Firefighters are ordinary people from all walks of life.
- The brotherhood and sisterhood of the fire service.
- Some history and traditions of the fire service such as bagpipes, practical joking, etc.
- Preplanned routes to addresses.
- Standardized assignments at firegrounds for units on arrival.
- Incident priorities- life safety, incident stabilization, property conservation (who shows up and why).
- Strategy and tactics (who does what). Such as: rescue, exposure, confinement, extinguishment, overhaul, ventilation and salvage.
- Incident managment: How command is assumd and passed on.
- Follow a fire scene through station alerting, response, size-up, risk management, apparatus placement, modes of operation, personnel accountability and multiple alarms.
- Going inside the structure with a live fire will prove to be an unforgettable experience.
- The audience will witness how the fire spreads, the path it takes, the speed it travels, and the behavior of heat and smoke.
- These lessons will aid in teaching families how to escape from house fires.
- Many of these lessons will be subtle yet unforgettable.